Audible is a popular online book store that sells audiobooks. I’ve been a member for over a year now and have listened to many books on their site as well as through the app available for iOS N’ Android.
In this post, I’ll do a short review of Audible
Pros of audible
- Passive Learning – alternative of physical books
- You can increase the player speed up to 3.5x. If you want a faster progress, this is a must have feature!
- You can bookmark a certain portion in a book. This
- Easy to refund books (1 Click instant refunds)
- You can easily download books for offline learning. This is great if you are commuting or travelling.
Cons of Audible
- Not as effective as reading the book
For me, listening to audiobooks was kind of hard at the beginning because once I hit the word you are unaware of can lose the momentum of listening to a book.
I go to google to see the meaning of a word then as I am trying to come back to the point. I lost the track of book itself.
But after some time, as I was able to listen to the book in one go! For lite books (as per vocab), Audible is the best for me.